Hey, would you like to have some tea?
No, thank you. I am lactose-intolerant.
You must have heard or overheard someone saying this. With millions of cases per year in India alone.
The majority of the world’s population suffers from lactose intolerance. With the increasing number, there is a huge demand for dairy-free milk alternatives in the market.
People are looking out for milk substitutes for lactose intolerant. These days markets are flooded with dairy alternatives.
Now the question arises, is lactose-free milk a better and healthy option as compared to normal milk? And why people are rushing towards lactose-intolerance milk alternatives?
Why lactose-free drinks are healthy?
Yes, alternative milk is a healthy and sustainable option. Lactose intolerance substitutes are better dairy alternatives.
They have fewer calories, less sugar, and no saturated fats as compared to milk. Dairy-free milk alternatives offer several health benefits, as well as they are ethically sourced.
They are vegan by nature and are mostly allergy friendly. There are endless Plant-based drinks available in the market including almond, soy, oats, cashew, pecans, hemp, moong, potatoes, and many more.
People who suffer from lactose intolerance or severe milk allergies are enjoying the plethora of dairy alternatives in the market.
Plant-based drinks are mostly lactose-free in nature and are the foremost choice for people who suffer from several milk allergies, PCOS, PCOD, Acne, Asthma, Autoimmune, Eczema, and more.
As plant-based beverages have no elements of dairy in them such as casein and lactose, which can trigger those allergies. Studies have shown that by consuming dairy alternatives you can reduce inflammations and can also reverse your health problems.
With the increasing number of PCOS & PCOD patients across, researchers have conducted and concluded that consuming cow’s milk every day can increase your chances of getting affected by them.
With age sometimes our capacity to digest regular milk decreases, resulting in bloating, nausea, gas, cramps, and others who are born lactose-intolerant.
Some people also suffer from severe milk allergies which can cause them hives, IBS, mouth allergies, and more.
Plant-based beverages are therefore healthy options to opt for in the cases above.
The best dairy alternatives available in the market are many. You name it and they have it.
Demand for plant-based drinks is growing higher every year due to the health benefits they offer.
4 reasons why lactose-free alternative milk is better:
Benefits of lactose-free alternative milk:
- Zero cholesterol: Plant-based drinks have zero cholesterol as compared to cow’s milk. As cows’ milk can be problematic for people concerned with their cholesterol levels. It is better to switch to a dairy alternative.
- Less saturated fats: Plant-based beverages have less saturated fats than cow’s milk. Most plant-based drinks have good fats, like cashew milk. They often have healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats.
- Fewer calories: Dairy alternatives have fewer calories until and unless they have added more. Fewer calories mean less sugar. They are low-carb, low-calorie, and suitable for people with weight management issues.
- Made from plants: The best part about these plant-based drinks are that they are made up of natural plants, as they are healthy dairy alternative as well as sustainable and eco-friendly. As they are made from plants, they have zero lactose and no casein. Plant-based drinks offer a wide range of tastes and flavors as well.
- Fortified with vitamins: These plant-based drinks are fortified with a good amount of Calcium, Vitamin D, and B12 as compared to cow’s milk. Most plant milk is fortified and has more amount of Calcium than cow’s milk.
Well, plant-based drinks are way more nutritious than dairy milk, as they offer several health benefits as cows’ milk is injected with hormones whereas, plant milk is directly made up of plants.
Dairy alternatives milk is rich in vitamins and minerals. Hence, you should give it a try for your health and environment too.
Very informative content.