benefits are, what they are?
In this blog post, we will go over the pros and cons of each type of milk so you can make the right choice for yourself!
- Plant-based milk is dairy and lactose-free milk made of plants. Were as dairy milk contains a type of sugar named Lactose. In Humans, the ability to digest lactose keeps on decreasing as we grow up and by the age of teens and adults, almost 60% of people get the symptoms of lactose intolerance. The common symptoms reported in the consumption of lactose products include gas, bloating, abdominal pain, heaviness, diarrhea, constipation, and watery stool. In some cases, nausea and vomiting are also observed.
- Plant-based milk doesn’t have any raw material of animal origin and is completely free of cholesterol & trans fats and generally has lower saturated fats which help in reducing and maintaining optimum blood cholesterol levels. Dairy products contain a lot of saturated fats and cholesterol which leads to an increment in blood cholesterol levels. It contains some amount of trans fats too.
- Plant-based milk is more sustainable and has an almost 90% lower carbon footprint than dairy milk in terms of GHG emissions and Land & Water consumption.
- Cow’s milk has significantly higher impacts than the plant-based alternatives across all metrics. It causes around three times as much greenhouse gas emissions; uses around ten times as much land; two to twenty times as much freshwater; and creates much higher levels of eutrophication.
- Dairy adulteration- A lot of dairies found in India are adulterated and mixed with harmful antibiotics and chemicals. Plant-based milk is clean in that sense.
- Plant milk instantly releases them from the day-to-day problem, as a lot of people are suffering from lifestyle diseases like diabetes, cardiovascular, high blood pressure, acne, PCOD, asthma, autoimmune disease, and high blood cholesterol. Plant-based help them to reduce all of these bad effects and lead to a healthier lifestyle.
- Plant-based milk provides a balanced amount of all macro and micronutrients like carbs, fats, protein, vitamins & Minerals. It contains healthy fibers which help in the digestion process and improve gut health. It contains a high-quality protein profile because of the blend of grain & legume. It creates an alkaline environment in the body which is the optimum condition for a healthy lifestyle. It contains 100% plant protein and is completely free of whey or casein.